Waves of Faith Connect Groups are designed to connect people with one another and with God through an authentic, action based discussion group.
While we certainly think we have awesome “church” gatherings on Sunday, it is more accurate to describe Waves as a network of faith communities. Connect Groups are clusters of friends throughout the Metroplex in which community, communion, and mission unfold as a way of life focusing on the individual, collective, and social renewal of DFW. We believe people typically find God when they encounter his people. The Connect Group is the context we’d love to bring those who need the love and care of God’s people.
In a Connect Group you’ll be encouraged to discover your purpose in life through Jesus and you’ll meet others on the same spiritual journey as yourself. Groups will be launching soon and meeting all across DFW.
Our hope is that Waves of Faith would be a community of friends engaged in gospel-centered relationships resembling the early church (Acts 2:42). Connect Groups are the best opportunity we have for that. We believe that active participation in a small group is critical for your spiritual health as a part of this local church. Gathering in groups creates an atmosphere that causes believers and non-believers to grow in their understanding and application of God’s direction in our lives. Groups help create the community we seek.
All adult discipleship at Waves is directed through our connect groups ministry. We believe discipleship in relationships, and those relationships are formed in small groups. This is why it’s so critical for you to be in a Connect Group!
A Connect Group usually consists of 7-15 Waves attendees and their friends who meet on a regular basis in someone’s home to study and discuss the Bible, pray for one another, care for one another, and do ministry together. Most groups follow a 2/1/1 format meaning they meet twice a month for Bible study and prayer; meet once a month to just hang out somewhere; and meet once a month to serve either in their community or the city. These groups meet all across the DFW on various nights of the week.
You can join an existing group, or start a new group, it’s up to you. For more information on our Waves Connect Groups email Pastor Mario at email@example.com.
Waves of Faith Connect Groups Spring 2017
1. Anchor, Willis, 1PM,SUNDAYS, , 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.657.9870
2. Art of Marriage, Sonny, 7PM,FRIDAYS,3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.905.1168
3. Mighty Mommies, Eva Roberts, 6PM,Tuesdays, 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.501.8446
4. Friends and Fellowship, Ben Garcia, Tuesday, 8PM, 2229 Irwin St 76110, Fort Worth TX 817.896.5088
5. Life Together, Fabian Cabrera, 7PM,Tuesday, 5501 Stone Meadow Lane 76179 Fort Worth TX 817.822.8113
6. Gone Fishing, Matt Griffin, 7:45 AM, Saturdays, Location TBA 817.307.8669
7. Walking With Purpose, Luis Jimenez, 8 AM, Saturday, Location TBA 817.301.6941
8. Connect Online, Jason Hardy, Online Facebook Group 469.223.1811
9. Woman’s Gathering, Melissa Harris, Wednesdays,6:30 PM, 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.201.8427
10. Crazy Love, Bobby Minor, 7PM, Mondays, 4713 Selkirk Dr, Fort Worth TX 76109 817.723.6208
11. The Message Behind the Songs-Call to Worship, Aaron Joey,6:45PM, Wednesday, 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX Aaron 817.992.2183, Joey 903.422.0413
12. HS Students, Eric Villarreal, 7PM, Wednesdays,3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 325.320.1697
13. MS Students, Luis Jimenez, 7PM, Wednesday, 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.301.6941
14. Connect In Spanish, Susana Amador, 7PM, Tuesdays, 3229 N.ELM St 76106 Fort Worth TX 817.986.3854
15. Family Together, Edna Davila, Thursday, 7PM, 7113 Meadow Park Lane 76180 817.757.5498